WELCOME

Hello,
Welcome to my Blog! Yes, I have been in the fight of my life against Leukemia, insomnia, depression, side effects of medications, molting skin, pooping my pants and this list goes on.... however, I still love my life, and that's what this blog is about Real Life. I hope to meet others who trails have brought them closer to the Lord and molded them for the next step in God's will. In January 2011 , my family, physician, and Be the Match was featured on a Fox 5 news story about bone marrow donors and transplants. In March, I was interviewed on Atlanta and Company along with Be the Match. I was chosen to sing the national anthem at the Be the Match Run last year and will also be doing it this year, along with some other songs. My team, no thanks to me, raised over $4,000 and raised more than any other team! Please join my team this year or consider donating here at the Run those Stem cells out ! Team I was also chosen for a patient advocacy panel for the international council meeting at Be the Match in MN in November. How exciting!! I ended up not being able to attend due to the relapse. I had hoped I could help raise awareness about how easy it is to sign up to be a donor and how many people need your help! Please go to bethematch.org and sign up! I was able to have my bone marrow (same as stem cell) transplant at the end of March thanks to a 22 year old donor oversees that I hope to meet her one day. As I came up on my 6th month mark and continued to add more normal activities to our lives, I relapsed, meaning that the that the cancer had mutated and the leukemia came back. I spent 2 more weeks at Emory and some other nights here and there and now I'm on a drug from the FDA. I have a compassion waiver so I am able to get it. I have to take it day by day sometimes hour by hour. Time keeps moving and my little girl is growing up. I'm lucky that I'm getting to see it. I continue to praise God for his wonderful blessings he has shown us including my wonderful husband Jonathan, baby girl Evalyn Rose, supportive family and friend, great medical care, new readers, and the chance to make a big difference, even if that means being a Lab Rat.
God Bless You!

Please read, comment, enjoy, learn, grow, LOVE LIFE.

Most Recently I have started a booth at a local consignment store with handmade jewelry from friends, crafts, and my own art from recycled materials. It is called DAY by DAY. God was very clear with me starting this. Please look over to the right of blog and click on Day by Day to see some pictures. I'm just getting started but I am taking orders from people that I know. You will be able to personalize items, etc. I just haven't decided how I will be selling them via internet yet. But for now, the jewelry is at A Weekend A'fair in Athens, GA and will hopefully be at some stores downtown soon.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Nov. 15th Birthday, New room, and Guests!


HAPPY 31st to Jonathan!     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA6pMQlxYbo

Hello,
        Just a quick update that I have changed rooms to E612. It is bigger and even.... I like even. I was so organized, it was not hard to move. Having more space means that when I am "hooked up" I can still get the drip around the bed to the chair, so I don't have to stay in the bed the whole time! The blue hair was a hit today but I got to get out on campus to see the real reaction.... what fun. 
 **Today** It  was great seeing my Aunt Judy today, just me and her and not people coming in and out of the room, freaking us out, ha ha. We took a walk to the gift shop and the beauty shop at the clinic. We also got some take out and came back to the room. We listened to some good music and had some girl talk! I'm so lucky to have such an amazing women in my life! So very lucky! I have an appointment tomorrow to look at fun wigs.... exciting! I like playing dress up.   
                     My brother is going to come see me on Wed and we are going to practice guitar and go to the museum. Can't wait! 
          My cousin John, I call him Johnny :), came for a couple hours tonight. We had a great time talking and visiting. I grew up with Johnny. I remember seeing him so much as a kid and since we are close the same age we were the perfect play mates. We would play outside, make forts out of pillows in the living room, sneak into our Poppa Jacks room to see if he would fart in his sleep, find hidden x mas presents, poke at ant hills, ride a bike, fall and hit our funny bone and get back up again. We didn't really talk about that this time, it would be interesting to see what you remember! Boy, do I have some stories..... Just one real quick. I remember once, Johnny and were running around Nanny's house and he stepped on a metal curtain rod end and now still has a U shape scar on his foot. As a selfish child, although concerned I'm sure, knew that the party was over and my play mate didn't want to pay anymore. Bummer.
Cuz, thanks for the visit! It was great to laugh with you again!

** Medical MJ** This will be at the end now. If you don't want to read all the other stuff, that is fine, just scroll down to get the report. I am a person with cancer, not cancer and then the person.                  Had pretty bad headache again today and ended up getting it twice. OK, it was awful. I had sunglasses on in my room with my blue hair.  I was able to see Dr. Khoury today and he said that in young people headache is the number one complaint with this oral chemo pill. Good news though, I'm in trail where I'm on it for 2 weeks and then off for one. Tonight we started the one week off. So at least one variable at a time will change is this huge equation called my health care. Hopefully we will pin point that that is it, and go from there. We shall see! 

12 comments:

  1. Heather, as usual, I wake up to find your blog has been updated at some random 2 or 3 in the morning time-frame and for some reason, that makes me smile. I am thankful that you allow us to take part in your life. Thank you for sharing your life, your story with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I am Eva's niece, Linda, and I am a prayer warrior....I attend a "miracle church", where miracles happen every service. It is Charismatic Christian Center in Monroe, GA, so I have seen for several years what God can do in every area! I have many people from all over the country and world praying for you, as I am in ministry, and know many in ministry that have lots of miracles when they pray. But, anyone can pray that has faith and get a miracle....I know first hand.

    I've heard lots of wonderful things about you and your family, and your precious little Evelyn (or is it Evalyn?). Anyway, I saw her pictures and she is just beautiful! There's nothing more precious in the world than a baby....a true gift from God!

    Wow, you did your hair!!! That's a very pretty color. Your pictures are so good, and I'm glad I got to see them, as it is great to see who you are praying for.

    Just want you to know I and others will be praying for you and your family. Eva said you might come home on Wed. I know you'll be soooo glad! I truly believe God is going to heal you totally, and give you the miracle we are all praying for. He loves to do that, and we will give Him, Jesus, all the Glory and Honor.

    Maybe I'll get to meet you and your family sometimes.

    Love in Christ,

    Linda Brown
    Linda Brown
    pathtoglori@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed our visit yesterday. It is really good to see you staying so positive through these trying times. It's really easy to tell people what God is doing in our lives. However, its a lot harder to show them, because that invloves sacrifice and lifestyle changes. By staying positive throught these difficult times you are making a grand statement for God. You are proving to others that your God is sufficient to see you through these difficult times. Im so proud of you. You looked so good yesterday, blue hair and all!
    I Love You Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather

    Ilove your hair. How radical is that. I am so glad that you and and jonathan had a good visit. I miss ya all ready! Maybe we can come and visit again Just let us know so i can bake you some banana bread or andy's famous pumpkin Muffin's.

    John is going to be in greenville this week for some training thing for work. So, andy and i will be hanging out this week. It is really raing today a good day for some rest and relaxing. I always imagine that God is crying out for all of us asking us to be still and listen when it rains and when it doesn't.

    I hope that you allowing yourself to rest, but then that's not you. always excited for the next and trying not miss anything.
    how amazing is that! I love ready your journal and i do not know where creativity comes from ha,ha.

    love and many blessings,

    aunt lisa
    lisa tyndall

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather,

    Just wanted to drop by and tell you how much I love you....and your hair! Thinking of following in your footsteps. I'm not sure I would look as cute as you do:) Have a wonderful day and you are as always in my prayers!

    God Bless
    I love you,
    Jen

    Jenifer Parker

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey heather good to to see ur keepin the type of seep schedule as i . and about the wigs my wifes graduated to them 10 years ago. how do u think cher and beyonce made all their money. all 4 now tell jonathan happy belated and tell him gimme a call when he wants to
    gary andrews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Baby,

    Sorry I haven't written anything lately but I have been busy with your baby. I figure that spending time with her is the closest she can get to you right now. Like it or not, we do have some of the same mannerisms. She is such a blessing. I forgot how wonderful having babies are. She is so beautiful. Any yea, grandma will dress her up. I have been doing good sticking to the schedule so I have to do something different. I probably didn't go out of my way to play dress up with you and Jen cuz it was easier just to keep on the sleepers. I think even your husband likes having me around. But he better not delete my greys anatomy before I come back. I really wasn't crazy about dying your hair but we had so much fun doing it. The look on your face for the pictures was absolutely priceless. I was even thinking that maybe we should put a few purple streaks here and there. You are such a special person. I am so proud that you have found the good in all this and are laughing. I know that you are at peace with this and I also know that God is working through you for our family. I love you so much and will see you soon.

    Mom
    Kim Reid

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking and praying for you daily Heather! Hope to see you soon!
    Steve Archie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Heather,
    I am so sorry that I have not been down to see you yet. I haven't been able to go with Ted in several week now. Traveling alot. I will get down Friday as I am taking it off (my birthday) Yea, I am a Scorpio too! Friday is Ted's last infusion treatment so I will go down with him and talk with the DR.
    Please know that youa r eon our minds and in our prayers. I pray for you every night as well as Jonathan and Eva.

    Love Mike
    Mike Hamrick

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sure enjoyed our time together. I want to sit out in that wonderful garden with you before all the leaves are gone. Too bad it was raining. It's funny but Mike mentioned that walk ya'll didn't take at the lake & how he wished he had gone. Said he was so tired at the time.I told him you had said the same thing. We have the best surprise for you. It was ordered so we have to wait til it comes. The wigs sound like fun. Mood hair!Went to see PaPa & Granny this afternoon. They looked good. They miss you so much. Showed them the picture of your blue hair.They said it was you!!!Love you very, very much. Pray for you each & every day. You are my sunshine. Aunt Judy
    judy warren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heather;

    Judy showed me the picture of your new hairdo; subtle and understated. If you had done that 5 years ago and had about a half dozen piercings, you'd have a recording contact by now.
    Please save me a lock (or big clump) when available.

    Love,

    Uncle Mike

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Heather,

    You may not remember me, but my sister and I (Kati Morrell) stood in line with you and then sat with you at the Paramore concert at The Tabernacle. I am so sorry to hear that you are sick but I think your fighting spirit is amazing! I love that you dyed your hair, way to rock it girl! I am praying for you and Kati and I are both going to get tested (she apparently knows how to do this) for the bone marrow match. I pray that a match is found soon for you and I know that you will kick cancer's butt! I will be following you here and praying for you. Get better soon so we can go to another Paramore concert, it will by my and Kati's treat!

    Get well soon!
    Christie Leveille
    christie_leveille@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete