WELCOME

Hello,
Welcome to my Blog! Yes, I have been in the fight of my life against Leukemia, insomnia, depression, side effects of medications, molting skin, pooping my pants and this list goes on.... however, I still love my life, and that's what this blog is about Real Life. I hope to meet others who trails have brought them closer to the Lord and molded them for the next step in God's will. In January 2011 , my family, physician, and Be the Match was featured on a Fox 5 news story about bone marrow donors and transplants. In March, I was interviewed on Atlanta and Company along with Be the Match. I was chosen to sing the national anthem at the Be the Match Run last year and will also be doing it this year, along with some other songs. My team, no thanks to me, raised over $4,000 and raised more than any other team! Please join my team this year or consider donating here at the Run those Stem cells out ! Team I was also chosen for a patient advocacy panel for the international council meeting at Be the Match in MN in November. How exciting!! I ended up not being able to attend due to the relapse. I had hoped I could help raise awareness about how easy it is to sign up to be a donor and how many people need your help! Please go to bethematch.org and sign up! I was able to have my bone marrow (same as stem cell) transplant at the end of March thanks to a 22 year old donor oversees that I hope to meet her one day. As I came up on my 6th month mark and continued to add more normal activities to our lives, I relapsed, meaning that the that the cancer had mutated and the leukemia came back. I spent 2 more weeks at Emory and some other nights here and there and now I'm on a drug from the FDA. I have a compassion waiver so I am able to get it. I have to take it day by day sometimes hour by hour. Time keeps moving and my little girl is growing up. I'm lucky that I'm getting to see it. I continue to praise God for his wonderful blessings he has shown us including my wonderful husband Jonathan, baby girl Evalyn Rose, supportive family and friend, great medical care, new readers, and the chance to make a big difference, even if that means being a Lab Rat.
God Bless You!

Please read, comment, enjoy, learn, grow, LOVE LIFE.

Most Recently I have started a booth at a local consignment store with handmade jewelry from friends, crafts, and my own art from recycled materials. It is called DAY by DAY. God was very clear with me starting this. Please look over to the right of blog and click on Day by Day to see some pictures. I'm just getting started but I am taking orders from people that I know. You will be able to personalize items, etc. I just haven't decided how I will be selling them via internet yet. But for now, the jewelry is at A Weekend A'fair in Athens, GA and will hopefully be at some stores downtown soon.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Jan 7th Foxy Family

                  
              Wow! What a week! We are so lucky to have been featured on the Fox 5 news story and Good Day Atlanta. We hope that many people sign up to be donors, not just for me, but for anyone. Beth Galvin and the team did a great job when they came out to the house to Tuesday. They were so nice and easy to work with. We had some funny moments that included someone stepping in doggie do and Wallace acting like it was a special on Boston terriers.  As many pictures as I take, I’m not sure why I didn’t get one with Beth that day. Maybe, when we do a follow up story, when I’m cure, I’ll get a picture of us. I have been overwhelmed by the response to the story. I have a lot of people contacting me through the blog and face book. We are so thankful for everyone’s prayers, comments, and willingness to become donors. I have also read some encouraging success stories of people with ALL that have had successful BMT’s.
              Due to being so tired this week, busy, and everything going on, I haven’t been able to write very much…. When that happens…. Consider no news, good news, just means I’m super tired.
              Our family had a scare this week when my dear Poppa Bill had to go to the hospital for one night, but it seems that everything is ok with him, and we are truly happy about that. My Granny was still on IV antibiotics so I was taught by the home health nurse how to hang it for her. Luckily, my Aunt Judy came up and helped handle the rest of everything, God knows I can barely take care of myself, and I’m not doing a great job at that! I think I could have hung the antibiotics, but I’m no nurse, and my hemoglobin has been running in the high 8’s, so sometimes there is not enough oxygen going to my brain. Judy coming up to help was wonderful so I could concentrate on my family. Dad and Fay had to spend most of the day with Pop at the hospital. I hated not being able to be there with him. I would sleep in a chair all night for my Pop.  The next day, I just tried to get some rest and spent some time with my husband and baby before coming back to Emory. We were able to see Pop last night after he got home, and he looked like his old self. Ha ha
Evalyn was talking about something very important here.

                    This week, Evalyn started sweet potatoes and she thinks the word pee pee, in a high pitched voice, is hilarious. She did such a good job when Fox came and so did Wallace, if you noticed him on the bottom left.  She seems to be enjoying her teether more and loves her activity center. That was the best $35 dollars I have ever spent (craigslist). She loves to stand up and it gives her a place to play while we are doing things in the kitchen.  Her laughs continue to warm our hearts, she is so happy! Evalyn also loves just laying on a blanket, talking, and rolling. She still only rolls over on her stomach and not the other way. She is strong though, and likes to do pushups, unlike her wimpy mommy. Upper body strength is not my strong point. Now, if I need to move something with my hip, well buddy, we are in business, unless my platelets are low and then there will be huge bruiseJ.

Favorite memory of the week, Jonathan has her laughing like crazy, of course, she stopped when I tried to take a video. 


2 comments:

  1. I saw your story today. My husband and I wanted to be "your" donor, or at least someone's. Unfortunately, he has passed the age bracket, and I have medical issues (epilepsy). My heart goes out to you. Thankfully, we were able to donate financially to Be the Match and have encouraged our friends to do so as well.

    ReplyDelete