WELCOME

Hello,
Welcome to my Blog! Yes, I have been in the fight of my life against Leukemia, insomnia, depression, side effects of medications, molting skin, pooping my pants and this list goes on.... however, I still love my life, and that's what this blog is about Real Life. I hope to meet others who trails have brought them closer to the Lord and molded them for the next step in God's will. In January 2011 , my family, physician, and Be the Match was featured on a Fox 5 news story about bone marrow donors and transplants. In March, I was interviewed on Atlanta and Company along with Be the Match. I was chosen to sing the national anthem at the Be the Match Run last year and will also be doing it this year, along with some other songs. My team, no thanks to me, raised over $4,000 and raised more than any other team! Please join my team this year or consider donating here at the Run those Stem cells out ! Team I was also chosen for a patient advocacy panel for the international council meeting at Be the Match in MN in November. How exciting!! I ended up not being able to attend due to the relapse. I had hoped I could help raise awareness about how easy it is to sign up to be a donor and how many people need your help! Please go to bethematch.org and sign up! I was able to have my bone marrow (same as stem cell) transplant at the end of March thanks to a 22 year old donor oversees that I hope to meet her one day. As I came up on my 6th month mark and continued to add more normal activities to our lives, I relapsed, meaning that the that the cancer had mutated and the leukemia came back. I spent 2 more weeks at Emory and some other nights here and there and now I'm on a drug from the FDA. I have a compassion waiver so I am able to get it. I have to take it day by day sometimes hour by hour. Time keeps moving and my little girl is growing up. I'm lucky that I'm getting to see it. I continue to praise God for his wonderful blessings he has shown us including my wonderful husband Jonathan, baby girl Evalyn Rose, supportive family and friend, great medical care, new readers, and the chance to make a big difference, even if that means being a Lab Rat.
God Bless You!

Please read, comment, enjoy, learn, grow, LOVE LIFE.

Most Recently I have started a booth at a local consignment store with handmade jewelry from friends, crafts, and my own art from recycled materials. It is called DAY by DAY. God was very clear with me starting this. Please look over to the right of blog and click on Day by Day to see some pictures. I'm just getting started but I am taking orders from people that I know. You will be able to personalize items, etc. I just haven't decided how I will be selling them via internet yet. But for now, the jewelry is at A Weekend A'fair in Athens, GA and will hopefully be at some stores downtown soon.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Janet Pope RIP

I have so many wonder stories and pictures to show you from my first semi weekend free..... they are funny and exciting.
However, My heart is so so heavy. I have never cried so hard where I was going to throw up. Jonathan as here and was a wonderful comfort.  My fellow BMT lady Janet Pope passed away yesterday. She has two sons, one is only 2 months older than Evalyn. I'm glad the Lord let me to go see her on Friday, suit up, and prayer over her.... all without asking Dr. K. Janet and Mark were going to get married soon. I could tell how much they were really in love.
Mark and Janet encouraged me as I carried on with my journey.
I pray for peace for the family an that Janet is up in heaven with the Lord. Heavy Heavy heart my friends. Please pray for them and their two sons.

3 comments:

  1. I am blessed to have had Jan as a friend on earth and now an angel in heaven! She had a soul and spirit that impacted SO MANY people! Jan was an OUTSTANDING mom and the HEROIC fight she gave for her boys(Mark too)was EXTRAORDINARY. Throughout her painful battle she continued to comfort and encourage others with a SMILE on her beautiful face.
    She was truly a beautiful person inside and out!
    When I was introduced to Jan, we were drawn together immediately for our LOVE of Auburn Tiger football! All of our friends are fans of our rival team and we needed eachother for cheering and TRAsH talking!It was as if we had both found something that was lost. We realized how unusaul it was for us to be girls and talk Football. I KNOW we were worse than alot of men out there with our football(HA) We talked stats,players,play calls,recruiting(everything) and when the game came on we would scream and jump around. Through this last football season we talked before/after all the games I KNEW even in the hospital she was cheering with me! I could ALWAYS count on hearing a huge WAR EAGLE from Jan! I want to tell whomever reads this that OUR Auburn tigers won the National Championship in January and had an undefeated season!(which NEVER happens)I am so happy she got to see us win the title! And that I was able to share that with her!
    I will miss her terribly but i have no doubt she is at peace and will no longer have to suffer! I Know she WILL ALWAYS be cheering by my side! I LOVE YOU JAN! WAR DAMN EAGLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much to everyone for all you guys have done! Jan was my heart and soul. She will be truly missed but she gave me our wonderful son Gage who will always be a reminder to me of Jan. I know she is a lot better off now. Thanks again

    Love Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't believe that Jan is not here with us. Its still breaks my heart. I went to high school with her. She was a sweet girl and still is. She will be truly missed. She loves her boys and Mark so much. She had a heart of gold. I know she's better off now. My thoughts and prayers goes to her family.
    Erika Strength

    ReplyDelete