WELCOME

Hello,
Welcome to my Blog! Yes, I have been in the fight of my life against Leukemia, insomnia, depression, side effects of medications, molting skin, pooping my pants and this list goes on.... however, I still love my life, and that's what this blog is about Real Life. I hope to meet others who trails have brought them closer to the Lord and molded them for the next step in God's will. In January 2011 , my family, physician, and Be the Match was featured on a Fox 5 news story about bone marrow donors and transplants. In March, I was interviewed on Atlanta and Company along with Be the Match. I was chosen to sing the national anthem at the Be the Match Run last year and will also be doing it this year, along with some other songs. My team, no thanks to me, raised over $4,000 and raised more than any other team! Please join my team this year or consider donating here at the Run those Stem cells out ! Team I was also chosen for a patient advocacy panel for the international council meeting at Be the Match in MN in November. How exciting!! I ended up not being able to attend due to the relapse. I had hoped I could help raise awareness about how easy it is to sign up to be a donor and how many people need your help! Please go to bethematch.org and sign up! I was able to have my bone marrow (same as stem cell) transplant at the end of March thanks to a 22 year old donor oversees that I hope to meet her one day. As I came up on my 6th month mark and continued to add more normal activities to our lives, I relapsed, meaning that the that the cancer had mutated and the leukemia came back. I spent 2 more weeks at Emory and some other nights here and there and now I'm on a drug from the FDA. I have a compassion waiver so I am able to get it. I have to take it day by day sometimes hour by hour. Time keeps moving and my little girl is growing up. I'm lucky that I'm getting to see it. I continue to praise God for his wonderful blessings he has shown us including my wonderful husband Jonathan, baby girl Evalyn Rose, supportive family and friend, great medical care, new readers, and the chance to make a big difference, even if that means being a Lab Rat.
God Bless You!

Please read, comment, enjoy, learn, grow, LOVE LIFE.

Most Recently I have started a booth at a local consignment store with handmade jewelry from friends, crafts, and my own art from recycled materials. It is called DAY by DAY. God was very clear with me starting this. Please look over to the right of blog and click on Day by Day to see some pictures. I'm just getting started but I am taking orders from people that I know. You will be able to personalize items, etc. I just haven't decided how I will be selling them via internet yet. But for now, the jewelry is at A Weekend A'fair in Athens, GA and will hopefully be at some stores downtown soon.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Helen and first sprouts






Check out these video's, they are so cute. Video one, video two, video three, video four!

We had a great time in Helen and some friends of ours hooked us up with a sweet hotel room. Never stayed in a room with TWO flat screen T.V. ! We played putt putt, which was one of our first dates when we were 18. I was really bad, it didn't help that every time I looked down, my nose or eyes were running. Good excuse anyway. We also went to a winery and bought a few bottles after the taste testing. One is a peach, and it is so good. We also flipped through the channels to remind ourselves, again, why we do not need cable. I really wanted to go sing karaoke, but they smoke in the bars there and I almost lost a lung just being in there 5 minutes, so we left and the world of Helen missed me singing "I feel the earth move." It was sad. After Emory on Sunday, we were all coming down with a cold or sinus issues and have been laying low ever since.
         I pulled up Evalyn's hair for the first time, in what my ex-husband calls, a sprout. It is so cute and she doesn't want to do anything in the morning before her hair is fixed. She is trying to say all kinds of words and names. She loves to say I, Fay, Papa, and even said rain today. I can't remember all the words she is saying right now. No real interested in potty training anymore, but she loves her big girl pull ups and directing me what I should do in the bathroom. It's so sad to hear her cough and sniffle. It's even sadder that I can't sleep between the three of us hacking. I'm so tired. I hope to have a great visit with my sister and brother this weekend when she comes up. We are suppose to try a new church on Sunday, but I never make any promises... Sunday mornings are hard! We are happy with our small group but know that we want Evalyn to grow up in church, we just have to find the right one.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a bit of good time anyway!

    I am in no big rush to potty train (or potty learn as many call it these days). Emilie sits on her potty when I'm on the big one and we talk about it a lot...I figure we all learn eventually so I'm letting her lead the way.

    I love the sprout! I've been clipping Emilie's back for awhile because I don't want to cut it, but now it's long enough for her to get ponytails and pigtails. It's so cute! She isn't hugely fond of being still while her hair gets fixed, but she's okay with it for now. If it ends up being a struggle then a haircut it is!

    I hope you're all sinus-issue-free soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics and footage! I have been meaning to take my family to Helen for awhile now. We visited Blue Ridge, GA about a year ago at this time (only a month before I was diagnosed), so I think that Helen will be on the short list for a quick weekend family getaway at the ''one year" point. So glad to see you all enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete