WELCOME

Hello,
Welcome to my Blog! Yes, I have been in the fight of my life against Leukemia, insomnia, depression, side effects of medications, molting skin, pooping my pants and this list goes on.... however, I still love my life, and that's what this blog is about Real Life. I hope to meet others who trails have brought them closer to the Lord and molded them for the next step in God's will. In January 2011 , my family, physician, and Be the Match was featured on a Fox 5 news story about bone marrow donors and transplants. In March, I was interviewed on Atlanta and Company along with Be the Match. I was chosen to sing the national anthem at the Be the Match Run last year and will also be doing it this year, along with some other songs. My team, no thanks to me, raised over $4,000 and raised more than any other team! Please join my team this year or consider donating here at the Run those Stem cells out ! Team I was also chosen for a patient advocacy panel for the international council meeting at Be the Match in MN in November. How exciting!! I ended up not being able to attend due to the relapse. I had hoped I could help raise awareness about how easy it is to sign up to be a donor and how many people need your help! Please go to bethematch.org and sign up! I was able to have my bone marrow (same as stem cell) transplant at the end of March thanks to a 22 year old donor oversees that I hope to meet her one day. As I came up on my 6th month mark and continued to add more normal activities to our lives, I relapsed, meaning that the that the cancer had mutated and the leukemia came back. I spent 2 more weeks at Emory and some other nights here and there and now I'm on a drug from the FDA. I have a compassion waiver so I am able to get it. I have to take it day by day sometimes hour by hour. Time keeps moving and my little girl is growing up. I'm lucky that I'm getting to see it. I continue to praise God for his wonderful blessings he has shown us including my wonderful husband Jonathan, baby girl Evalyn Rose, supportive family and friend, great medical care, new readers, and the chance to make a big difference, even if that means being a Lab Rat.
God Bless You!

Please read, comment, enjoy, learn, grow, LOVE LIFE.

Most Recently I have started a booth at a local consignment store with handmade jewelry from friends, crafts, and my own art from recycled materials. It is called DAY by DAY. God was very clear with me starting this. Please look over to the right of blog and click on Day by Day to see some pictures. I'm just getting started but I am taking orders from people that I know. You will be able to personalize items, etc. I just haven't decided how I will be selling them via internet yet. But for now, the jewelry is at A Weekend A'fair in Athens, GA and will hopefully be at some stores downtown soon.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Nov. 25th Thanksgiving and " this hat"

                  So this morning, I decided that this cancer thing may be the best thing that ever happened to me. Don’t have to fix my hair, new opportunities, seeing God work in people’s lives. And I don’t HAVE to go anywhere? Being on the roads on a holiday is scary. Plus we have FIVE sides of the family. Do you have any idea the pressure in that? So this morning was so calming.During the diaper change I told Evalyn about our ancestor William Bradford that came over on the mayflower and how he was the governor of Plymouth and he had helped make a treaty with the Native Americans. Here is a website that has some info on it from his journal. http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/1650bradford.html. She laughed as a talked and I told her that I couldn’t tell her what we eventually did the the native Americans, it was too sad for little girls.  I made coffee to wake myself up and Jonathan and I fed Evalyn her first food… bananna’s.  She seemed to like it! There is a video up of her first bite. We played with her and then took a nap…. It was so nice. God I love my temperpedic mattress. When we got up we did “Skype” with my family in Cartersville… pretty cool. Daniel is getting pretty hairy. Yea, I thought no shave November was something my brother made up, I didn’t realize it was a phenomenon, I can see all these wives are shaking their heads.
                 ** The WARREN’s”  We had a small Thanksgiving five doors down at my Granny and Poppa’s. My Aunt Judy came up but my uncle mike had to doctor people that try to kill each other  over who is going to say the blessing. True story. We ordered Fatz Café and Pop and Judy made a few special “Warren” dishes.  With a baby, even going five doors down can be hectic if you are planning to stay for a while. Evalyn had the nastiest BM I have seen in 3. 5 weeks, Tuffy (grandparents dog) peed on the bed, and the camera was missing. I’m not fond of stuffing myself and then laying around in pain like a beached whale. It grosses me out. But I was starving. I guess knowing that I’m going to be in hospital for five days next week, feeling like who know what, I want to EAT something good while it taste good. Right before we ate, someone realized we didn’t have cranberry sauce and poppa was going toward the door…. Judy was going to jump in front of him, I briefly thought about tripping him, but he was just going to check the reserve can goods. I said that if I was alive today… we can do without anything else. Everyone agreed. Judy also brought my favorite squash casserole. She has a the recipe on a napkin that she used during an ER work day.  Plus we had chocolate cake and a ham cooked just for us! Thanks Amy Tate!
Aunt Judy and Evalyn

                    After we ate this wonderful food, Judy said she wanted me to open the present that Mike got for me. I don’t buy my uncle Mike presents unless I find something good… and I have a couple of times…. I like to think he returns the favor ;) Background: The day that my mom shaved my head was also the day that I need blood and I was a little grouchy because I felt horrible. It could have said, “ I won the lotto” and it would have sounded pissy even if I was happy about it. Sweet Judy was feeling bad for me losing my hair and wanted to know if she should come up there and we could have a ceremony. I said “I have hats.” No doubt in a crabby tone. She thought she had hurt my feelings but I wasn’t concerned with shaving my head… I just wanted oxygen to my brain. So Mike told Judy there there was one hat that I didn’t have……
This hat!


                Believe it or not, I needed this in the worst way. Mr. Jim takes off the scratched windshield of his pretty fast golf cart in the summer. Riding in the middle of the woods at top speeds, looking for the next Heron nest or whatever we are into, can be very dangerous. These goggles and leather fly cap may save an eye or keep me from getting a nasty scar on my bald head from a limb. Plus, now I have my Halloween costume for next year!! What a great gift. I love my uncle Mike and think that his sense of humor is far above what most people can handle. I wanted to call him so bad, but he works at the ER and was saving someones life, no doubt.
My Poppa and Me

                    We were able to see some neighbors at the  “orphan thankgiving party” and then Evalyn and Jonathan went to Monroe for a little bit to see the Cape family. My immune system is very familiar with my grandparents house so I don‘t have to wear a mask there… I couldn’t push it by going around more people and then having to wear a mask the whole time, no thank you. I did miss seeing everyone and sweet aunt Luanne sent a special treat home that she knows I like! I really missed bugging Jonathan’s little brother, Spencer. I could have gotten you good today J  I enjoyed the solitude and recorded a song that  I wrote years back . I hope that it will cheer someone up! I wrote this song in college after going through a break up and other stuff early adult drama and realizing that the sky isn’t falling down and I’m was going to be fine. I used to sing it a lot to my sister and step daughters . I also created about 5 more playlists on iTunes to get me though next week. I’m going to be blasting some Cake and Beck! A sweet treat today is that my step-daughter Corynne called me and I was able to talk to all three of the Gamboa Girls. Hopefully , I will be able to see them before I go back in the hospital. Corynne discussed washing fine China and the food baby, Rileigh said that when it was her turn to say what she was thankful for, she said that she was thankful that I was still here, awwwww.  Shannon is going to work on an art project to donate to the 6E floor… should be fly.
My sweet girls... when they were just girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment