WELCOME

Hello,
Welcome to my Blog! Yes, I have been in the fight of my life against Leukemia, insomnia, depression, side effects of medications, molting skin, pooping my pants and this list goes on.... however, I still love my life, and that's what this blog is about Real Life. I hope to meet others who trails have brought them closer to the Lord and molded them for the next step in God's will. In January 2011 , my family, physician, and Be the Match was featured on a Fox 5 news story about bone marrow donors and transplants. In March, I was interviewed on Atlanta and Company along with Be the Match. I was chosen to sing the national anthem at the Be the Match Run last year and will also be doing it this year, along with some other songs. My team, no thanks to me, raised over $4,000 and raised more than any other team! Please join my team this year or consider donating here at the Run those Stem cells out ! Team I was also chosen for a patient advocacy panel for the international council meeting at Be the Match in MN in November. How exciting!! I ended up not being able to attend due to the relapse. I had hoped I could help raise awareness about how easy it is to sign up to be a donor and how many people need your help! Please go to bethematch.org and sign up! I was able to have my bone marrow (same as stem cell) transplant at the end of March thanks to a 22 year old donor oversees that I hope to meet her one day. As I came up on my 6th month mark and continued to add more normal activities to our lives, I relapsed, meaning that the that the cancer had mutated and the leukemia came back. I spent 2 more weeks at Emory and some other nights here and there and now I'm on a drug from the FDA. I have a compassion waiver so I am able to get it. I have to take it day by day sometimes hour by hour. Time keeps moving and my little girl is growing up. I'm lucky that I'm getting to see it. I continue to praise God for his wonderful blessings he has shown us including my wonderful husband Jonathan, baby girl Evalyn Rose, supportive family and friend, great medical care, new readers, and the chance to make a big difference, even if that means being a Lab Rat.
God Bless You!

Please read, comment, enjoy, learn, grow, LOVE LIFE.

Most Recently I have started a booth at a local consignment store with handmade jewelry from friends, crafts, and my own art from recycled materials. It is called DAY by DAY. God was very clear with me starting this. Please look over to the right of blog and click on Day by Day to see some pictures. I'm just getting started but I am taking orders from people that I know. You will be able to personalize items, etc. I just haven't decided how I will be selling them via internet yet. But for now, the jewelry is at A Weekend A'fair in Athens, GA and will hopefully be at some stores downtown soon.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Lord could you hurry up the Dawn?

        Romans 5:3-5        More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

                     The storms the other night hit my home town of Cartersville, GA, and many others of course. My family is ok but I know there are many family without homes right now and so many lives were lost the other night. In the mist of everything you or I may be going through, we still have to remember that we could be taken off this earth in a heart beat. Yea, maybe that is a blessing sometimes, the quick and easy approach, hey I have thought about it believe me, but God's plan is so huge we have no idea of the big picture.... or the dimensions of the other big pictures are little brains are too small to comprehend. I do believe in the string theory, but I don't think my chemo brain can explain how that works right now.
                 Anyway, I have probably said this before since I have become a repeater at this time in my life. I don't know why bad things happen. I don't know why God allows them to happen. What I do know if that God is God. We live in a fallen word, people an planet. People's decisions have a change reaction on everyone, righteous or unrighteous. We are the clay, not not the molders, but God uses us to help mold others to a more likeness of him. This is where faith comes in and man that is a hard one. Faith that God has our best in mind, that he loves us even when we are in pain. It has been wonderful the days that that he has helped me raise beyond my horrible cancer to touch others, to be able to feel the pain of others, to cry for a fellow patient, to hurt for Japan and now the people that are devastated by these storms. Wonderful to hurt, I say. Yea, empathy, love,  and compassion are what get our assess moving. It we do anything out of any other reason it's selfish and not of the Lord, even though he will still use it.

Mark 12:41-44



Updates for Prayer Request:
1. Janet, my friend, is still on life support. She keeps going from stable to unstable.
2. My poor babysitters club has really had a bad week. I have two sick, one's friend was in a horse accident, another fell and broke....another bone, and one can't sleep and is having bad back problems.... that is just this week!
3. Jonathan is in the mists of study for finals that start at the end of this week. We are going to try to hide it, there is one class that could keep him from graduating at this point. We have peace about it though, it he have to take one more class after everything he has been doing this semester no one in there right mind would look down their nose at him. He has been amazing.... full load with very hard hard classes that he was told it was insane to take, taking care of Evalyn and me, me in and out of the hospital, then gone for 3 weeks! Holy cow!! The other prayer request is a Job, not just any job,the right job for him and our family.
4. Our family is still dealing a lot with the passing of my mom's mother, Nanny, mostly her children. These things take time.
5. I would love if you all would pray for each other, I know you don't know each other, but to pray a blessing over the people that have helped us so much and continue to do so. I never would have thought in a million years there would have been this kind of out pouring of love on our family. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us as I recover and our cup runs over!
6. I will be at Emory....ummmm forever tomorrow and I'm suppose to start a new trail anti rejection drug. After I take it I have to wait so long to do this test, then another test, yada yada and we have to leave.... oh at like 5:30.... one reason that I'm up right now. Could take that last sleeping pill, might not make it!  Just pray,  I don't have any weird reactions, that I have patience for the slow lack of communication, and instead of getting ill at some person who has no waiting room etiquette skill, may I find someone to cheer up, or somewhere to sleep.

I hope you have a wonderful and enjoy this weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment