WELCOME

Hello,
Welcome to my Blog! Yes, I have been in the fight of my life against Leukemia, insomnia, depression, side effects of medications, molting skin, pooping my pants and this list goes on.... however, I still love my life, and that's what this blog is about Real Life. I hope to meet others who trails have brought them closer to the Lord and molded them for the next step in God's will. In January 2011 , my family, physician, and Be the Match was featured on a Fox 5 news story about bone marrow donors and transplants. In March, I was interviewed on Atlanta and Company along with Be the Match. I was chosen to sing the national anthem at the Be the Match Run last year and will also be doing it this year, along with some other songs. My team, no thanks to me, raised over $4,000 and raised more than any other team! Please join my team this year or consider donating here at the Run those Stem cells out ! Team I was also chosen for a patient advocacy panel for the international council meeting at Be the Match in MN in November. How exciting!! I ended up not being able to attend due to the relapse. I had hoped I could help raise awareness about how easy it is to sign up to be a donor and how many people need your help! Please go to bethematch.org and sign up! I was able to have my bone marrow (same as stem cell) transplant at the end of March thanks to a 22 year old donor oversees that I hope to meet her one day. As I came up on my 6th month mark and continued to add more normal activities to our lives, I relapsed, meaning that the that the cancer had mutated and the leukemia came back. I spent 2 more weeks at Emory and some other nights here and there and now I'm on a drug from the FDA. I have a compassion waiver so I am able to get it. I have to take it day by day sometimes hour by hour. Time keeps moving and my little girl is growing up. I'm lucky that I'm getting to see it. I continue to praise God for his wonderful blessings he has shown us including my wonderful husband Jonathan, baby girl Evalyn Rose, supportive family and friend, great medical care, new readers, and the chance to make a big difference, even if that means being a Lab Rat.
God Bless You!

Please read, comment, enjoy, learn, grow, LOVE LIFE.

Most Recently I have started a booth at a local consignment store with handmade jewelry from friends, crafts, and my own art from recycled materials. It is called DAY by DAY. God was very clear with me starting this. Please look over to the right of blog and click on Day by Day to see some pictures. I'm just getting started but I am taking orders from people that I know. You will be able to personalize items, etc. I just haven't decided how I will be selling them via internet yet. But for now, the jewelry is at A Weekend A'fair in Athens, GA and will hopefully be at some stores downtown soon.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

What a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend…. Posted a little late

She like wearing a scarf like her Mommy.
Daddy can always make her laugh
             We have been so busy with appointments, finals, Evalyn, me getting, or trying to get, back to work, scheduling sitters, etc, I have not been able to write about how wonderful Mother’s Day weekend was! My Dad came up on Friday, which I have not seen since I was in the hospital and couldn’t even talk, my mom was already up, and Jennifer and Daniel came on Sat. My Dad put up a swing for Evalyn in the back yard and she loves it! She just laughs, especially if you act like your are going to “get her”. My Dad enjoyed fishing… not catching, but he will next time, when the fisher woman has more energy to go with him. I got one of my favorite cakes was Publix, hmmmm, and had a piece about 3pm. I don’t really believe on waiting on dessert anymore.
Watson Mill Park Cover Bridge 


Mom and Dad are really getting into hiking lately.

Corynne and I can be a little silly

I love this man
              


 Sat morning, Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, Dad, Corynne and Evalyn Rose, we all went to Watson Mill Park to see the longest cover bridge in GA, went on a short hike, had a picnic, and played on the playground. Evalyn really enjoyed sitting on the slide backwards and having the braves ball rolled down to her. On the trail, the stroller only almost went in the water (a small stream) once. We just had to retrieve the sippy cup and change drivers. Corynne found all kind of cool things: a big hairy caterpillar, the most colorful beetle in the world, and the smallest lizard I have ever seen.  It gets better, we stopped and bought fresh strawberries from Moon patch in Colbert and had some delicious homemade strawberry ice cream. On the way home, we stopped at an out of the way GA store in Colbert that has great prices on most GA items.
That night we had a great dinner that the men and Jennifer cooked, well my mom couldn’t really stay out of the kitchen either and the whole family went on a walk around the lake, even all 4 dogs. My parents have the two beagles you know. One of them, Bailey, isn’t that shaped tack in the pack, but one of the most gentle and sweetest. She will let Evalyn crawl all over her. After the walk, we played Cranium and I have not laughed that hard in 6 months. I had to go find my inhaler. You should have seen my mom trying to act out vibrating and what my sister said as she was guessing. PG-13. I was able to taste potato chips for the first time so that was really exciting. The girls were pretty behind but we caught up, but the guys still won. I blamed it on Dad trying to draw with his eyes close without knowing what he was going to draw, me laughing so hard at him, and not getting enough oxygen to my chemo brain.






Aunt Jen and Evalyn

I liked this pic

Blurry but at least we are exercising. 

Mom and her 3 children

Sun and I don't get along anymore

Playing Cranium 
                  




                  The next morning, we borrowed a neighbors screened in dock for a brunch and my mom made a yummy egg, mushrooms, veggie, casserole. It was beautiful.
Shortly after, Jonathan, Evalyn, and I got really to go to Winder to celebrate Luke’s (our cousin’s child) baby dedication and mother’s day. Luke is such a sweet baby, I didn’t get to hold him though, I just get to touch my own child at this point, but she is good enough J .  I had some great pictures to give out and Courtney let Evalyn borrow her 12-18 months clothes, they are so adorable! Evalyn couldn’t leave without a present of course; her Grandma Carol got her a ball puzzle that she really seems to like. Thanks Grandma! We just missed Grandpa Frank, he was sick L
This girl already has her Grandpa wrapped around her finger, now if we can just talk him out of that truck.

Well, I did the best I could, here we are on the dock. 

Grandma Carol, Evalyn, and her cool new toy.

The Garner Family at Luke's celebration.



Grandmother, Grandma, Momma, and Baby


Granny, Poppa, and Evalyn 



Jonathan had to study for exams the rest of the day so my mom and I watched For the Boys. I love this movie and plan to sing some of the songs in public as soon as possible. It was a perfect weekend with only a minor irritation where I had trouble getting some medication that I needed but I finally got it and the world was ok. Of course, we went to see Granny for mother's day down the street, She let me borrow the beautiful earrings and necklace I wore to the party. God is good and gave me a lot of energy to have fun and do some things that I have not been able to do in long time.
Hope you enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment