WELCOME

Hello,
Welcome to my Blog! Yes, I have been in the fight of my life against Leukemia, insomnia, depression, side effects of medications, molting skin, pooping my pants and this list goes on.... however, I still love my life, and that's what this blog is about Real Life. I hope to meet others who trails have brought them closer to the Lord and molded them for the next step in God's will. In January 2011 , my family, physician, and Be the Match was featured on a Fox 5 news story about bone marrow donors and transplants. In March, I was interviewed on Atlanta and Company along with Be the Match. I was chosen to sing the national anthem at the Be the Match Run last year and will also be doing it this year, along with some other songs. My team, no thanks to me, raised over $4,000 and raised more than any other team! Please join my team this year or consider donating here at the Run those Stem cells out ! Team I was also chosen for a patient advocacy panel for the international council meeting at Be the Match in MN in November. How exciting!! I ended up not being able to attend due to the relapse. I had hoped I could help raise awareness about how easy it is to sign up to be a donor and how many people need your help! Please go to bethematch.org and sign up! I was able to have my bone marrow (same as stem cell) transplant at the end of March thanks to a 22 year old donor oversees that I hope to meet her one day. As I came up on my 6th month mark and continued to add more normal activities to our lives, I relapsed, meaning that the that the cancer had mutated and the leukemia came back. I spent 2 more weeks at Emory and some other nights here and there and now I'm on a drug from the FDA. I have a compassion waiver so I am able to get it. I have to take it day by day sometimes hour by hour. Time keeps moving and my little girl is growing up. I'm lucky that I'm getting to see it. I continue to praise God for his wonderful blessings he has shown us including my wonderful husband Jonathan, baby girl Evalyn Rose, supportive family and friend, great medical care, new readers, and the chance to make a big difference, even if that means being a Lab Rat.
God Bless You!

Please read, comment, enjoy, learn, grow, LOVE LIFE.

Most Recently I have started a booth at a local consignment store with handmade jewelry from friends, crafts, and my own art from recycled materials. It is called DAY by DAY. God was very clear with me starting this. Please look over to the right of blog and click on Day by Day to see some pictures. I'm just getting started but I am taking orders from people that I know. You will be able to personalize items, etc. I just haven't decided how I will be selling them via internet yet. But for now, the jewelry is at A Weekend A'fair in Athens, GA and will hopefully be at some stores downtown soon.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 100 7/8/11


Balloons for the staff! 

Day 100!              
               Day 100!! Today was a great day. I felt better, I was driving the Cadillac to Emory, I had a car full of balloons to hand out to great staff, had on a shirt on I made, and plans to go somewhere by myself. Oh and some mint green New York and Company slacks I purchased at a thrift store for $2.99. I was not as awake as I usually am on those Emory mornings and had slap myself a couple of times. Maybe it was because it was the first time me going alone and I didn’t have anyone to talk to… so I called my mom that was driving to work and that helped some. I had a one women parade and every section of Emory I walked into to I would show my shirt and balloons and announce that it was my 100th day out of the transplant and everyone would clap. The staff seemed to appreciate the balloons.Sugar, not vinegar people, catches more butterflies but you got to do stuff like that for the right reason my VIP is just the bonus.
              I GOT PERMISSION TO EAT SUSHI!!
             I’m also scheduled now for every follow up test in the world in the next month or so, but it’s not a bad thing, just more stuff and now that Jonathan is working and I don’t have too many sitters it makes it more difficult. Dr.K took me off one drug, added back another, said I needed to see the OB ( weird fried ovaries),EMT (weird sinus stuff), and Dermatologist (weird rash), and at Emory I’ll be getting MRI’s of my liver and spleen (too much iron) and CT of my lungs (possible air trapping, hmmmm weird.  I’m thinking I should be able to find a one stop DOC. That would be a great name for it. Like a Trip Quick for sickos. Real sickos, not the crazy kind. Well, I guess that doc should be there also.
             Hopefully, I got more people to sign up for the BE the Match run/ walk. Have you? I brought more cards that are the right size and left a lot of my business cards that have my blog and the Be the Match website. Be the Match is working on a interview to publish about me and my journey, it’s very exciting! I wish I could meet my donor now and thank them with a big kiss. I wonder what she thinks when she thinks about me now. Someone remind me to ask her that. Someone I know always does that… “remind me to get this, or call this person, or do this.” Hello, she basically has an I phone, don’t they have apps for stuff like that? I’m sure an I phone’s IQ is way higher than mind and the capabilities of reminding far better in tune with the actual day of the week.
              I’m here at the monastery now but will write about that later, yes I brought my memory foam mattress pad. I'm feeling a lot better, by the way, thank you for your prayers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment