WELCOME

Hello,
Welcome to my Blog! Yes, I have been in the fight of my life against Leukemia, insomnia, depression, side effects of medications, molting skin, pooping my pants and this list goes on.... however, I still love my life, and that's what this blog is about Real Life. I hope to meet others who trails have brought them closer to the Lord and molded them for the next step in God's will. In January 2011 , my family, physician, and Be the Match was featured on a Fox 5 news story about bone marrow donors and transplants. In March, I was interviewed on Atlanta and Company along with Be the Match. I was chosen to sing the national anthem at the Be the Match Run last year and will also be doing it this year, along with some other songs. My team, no thanks to me, raised over $4,000 and raised more than any other team! Please join my team this year or consider donating here at the Run those Stem cells out ! Team I was also chosen for a patient advocacy panel for the international council meeting at Be the Match in MN in November. How exciting!! I ended up not being able to attend due to the relapse. I had hoped I could help raise awareness about how easy it is to sign up to be a donor and how many people need your help! Please go to bethematch.org and sign up! I was able to have my bone marrow (same as stem cell) transplant at the end of March thanks to a 22 year old donor oversees that I hope to meet her one day. As I came up on my 6th month mark and continued to add more normal activities to our lives, I relapsed, meaning that the that the cancer had mutated and the leukemia came back. I spent 2 more weeks at Emory and some other nights here and there and now I'm on a drug from the FDA. I have a compassion waiver so I am able to get it. I have to take it day by day sometimes hour by hour. Time keeps moving and my little girl is growing up. I'm lucky that I'm getting to see it. I continue to praise God for his wonderful blessings he has shown us including my wonderful husband Jonathan, baby girl Evalyn Rose, supportive family and friend, great medical care, new readers, and the chance to make a big difference, even if that means being a Lab Rat.
God Bless You!

Please read, comment, enjoy, learn, grow, LOVE LIFE.

Most Recently I have started a booth at a local consignment store with handmade jewelry from friends, crafts, and my own art from recycled materials. It is called DAY by DAY. God was very clear with me starting this. Please look over to the right of blog and click on Day by Day to see some pictures. I'm just getting started but I am taking orders from people that I know. You will be able to personalize items, etc. I just haven't decided how I will be selling them via internet yet. But for now, the jewelry is at A Weekend A'fair in Athens, GA and will hopefully be at some stores downtown soon.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Happy 13th months Evalyn !!!!!

She had twins, Lucy and Ethyl

She loves her chairs. I'm a big girl!


                        Evalyn is growing up so fast! She is starting to be able to play with other kids more, even though we are still being super careful, and seems to like most everyone. She likes to share, and loves to have baby talk with other little girls. I wonder what they are talking about. She has been very "testy" this week and is just pushing the envelope like her dear old mom does everyday. It's so sad to have to punish her and exhausting to be consistent, but hey, thats what you sign up for, right? As you know, Evalyn loves dogs. We went for a play date to some friends house this week that have two little girls and have offered to watch Evalyn sometimes, and they have two dogs. The pug has a tongue that is too big for his mouth so it hangs out the left side. I have to get a good picture of him. Evalyn of course hugged, kissed, and squealed all over him. The two little girls, 2 and 4, were so excited to have Evalyn over they almost didn't want to share her, like she was the new toy! It was super cute. I think they are going to grow up to be good friends and we hope to be good friends with their parents.
                  Evalyn learned how to put something back while we were making one of the shakers for music class, when one of them broke and noodles went everywhere.... now we have to work on the toys and books :) She understands most everything we say but right now she is not understand "no"when it comes to picking up rocks and gravel outside, so there were a lot of tears over that this week. You should see Evalyn and Wallace riding together in the bike trailer. I don't know how they fit in there together but they are snug and it is so cute.... again need a picture. I'll get on it. She is starting to be at that age where she wants to help but she isn't acually helping.... I try to capture teachable moments and be patient with chores so that she can learn. That means sometimes the dishes do not get done, dinner is a little late, or something else isn't perfect. What's more important, anyway? Give me a break.
             Books are one of her favorite things on earth. She will sit in her little chair by herself and look through all her books. She also loves music and has amazing rhythm with the shaker. It's so cute when she tries to sing with me, especially to old McDonald. We have the farm animal toys and she like for you to say with one to get and she will go get it and line it up and wants you to make the sound the animal makes. Watching the hummingbirds, checking on her play house, and learning to shoot hoops have been fun activities this week. Music class wasn't very fun for her because it was her nap time and she had to share her mommy's guitar. Well there is the update on the little lady.... next I'll tell you about my mohawk!

No comments:

Post a Comment