WELCOME

Hello,
Welcome to my Blog! Yes, I have been in the fight of my life against Leukemia, insomnia, depression, side effects of medications, molting skin, pooping my pants and this list goes on.... however, I still love my life, and that's what this blog is about Real Life. I hope to meet others who trails have brought them closer to the Lord and molded them for the next step in God's will. In January 2011 , my family, physician, and Be the Match was featured on a Fox 5 news story about bone marrow donors and transplants. In March, I was interviewed on Atlanta and Company along with Be the Match. I was chosen to sing the national anthem at the Be the Match Run last year and will also be doing it this year, along with some other songs. My team, no thanks to me, raised over $4,000 and raised more than any other team! Please join my team this year or consider donating here at the Run those Stem cells out ! Team I was also chosen for a patient advocacy panel for the international council meeting at Be the Match in MN in November. How exciting!! I ended up not being able to attend due to the relapse. I had hoped I could help raise awareness about how easy it is to sign up to be a donor and how many people need your help! Please go to bethematch.org and sign up! I was able to have my bone marrow (same as stem cell) transplant at the end of March thanks to a 22 year old donor oversees that I hope to meet her one day. As I came up on my 6th month mark and continued to add more normal activities to our lives, I relapsed, meaning that the that the cancer had mutated and the leukemia came back. I spent 2 more weeks at Emory and some other nights here and there and now I'm on a drug from the FDA. I have a compassion waiver so I am able to get it. I have to take it day by day sometimes hour by hour. Time keeps moving and my little girl is growing up. I'm lucky that I'm getting to see it. I continue to praise God for his wonderful blessings he has shown us including my wonderful husband Jonathan, baby girl Evalyn Rose, supportive family and friend, great medical care, new readers, and the chance to make a big difference, even if that means being a Lab Rat.
God Bless You!

Please read, comment, enjoy, learn, grow, LOVE LIFE.

Most Recently I have started a booth at a local consignment store with handmade jewelry from friends, crafts, and my own art from recycled materials. It is called DAY by DAY. God was very clear with me starting this. Please look over to the right of blog and click on Day by Day to see some pictures. I'm just getting started but I am taking orders from people that I know. You will be able to personalize items, etc. I just haven't decided how I will be selling them via internet yet. But for now, the jewelry is at A Weekend A'fair in Athens, GA and will hopefully be at some stores downtown soon.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Teething, Back Fat, and the DAWGS

               

         Poor Evalyn has molders coming in on all four sides this week and it has caused a runny nose, cough, low grade fever, irritability, meltdowns, and frayed nerves. This week has been very difficult for me physically. I'm so, so tired that every move has to be thought about, and thought about, and then I might make a move. I think that after they start the hormone replacement therapy next week, I will start to feel better and hopefully Evalyn will start to feel better also. The plus is that she has been taking longer naps :).
                 So I have back fat. You know that little roll around the back rib that makes your bra, ladies, or bro, guys, not fit right anymore? Yea. That's great. I'm wondering what is going to happen to all this skin when I lose the weight. Tummy Tuck? I wouldn't put it past me. I led music class today at Full Bloom and they had a childs and a maternity fashion show. I was gathering my musical instruments and other items when the pregnant women came into wait in the same room. I didn't want there to be an awkward question about when I was due or something, since I was in the waiting room for the fashion show, so I went on to some how slide in the fact that I was on steroids and should maybe buy some of the clothes. Weird.
                 Music class was so fun, I taught twinkle twinkle little star in language and this kids love the shakers. I hope to make a little part time thing of it and can hopefully earn a little spending money. Speaking of money. I'm officially disabled.... that is so strange.... most of the time I don't feel that I am, then sometimes I know there is no way I could really work right now. Playing my guitar and singing every once in a while is not work, that fun, and I don't HAVE to do it. I am very impressed with the Athens Clark county ladies at the SSDI office. They work hard to get my disability rolling within about 40 days, which is unheard of, they were so nice and understanding. Apparently, acute leukemia is a "shoe in". I hope to go back to work at least part time as soon as possible, or go back to school, or win the lotto, or recover from a stem cell transplant. Geez, I gotta get off these steroids.
                 It's football season again. I love the beehive buzz that Athens gets but I don't really care about football. I want them to win so that everyone will be in a good mood and I don't feel like I have to cheer everyone up. To me football, is beer and wings, and I get to dress my little girl up in something very cute. If there was a pill I could take to like sports better, I would in a heartbeat, as long as it didn't contradict with my other meds. Don't get me wrong, I had the earrings on and red and black and watched part of the game, but really I just wanted to snuggle with my little bulldog, Wallace.


1 comment:

  1. I guess it's molar time! Emilie has three coming in but happily they don't seem to be bugging her too much.

    Oh yes, back fat! Getting fitted for a bra helps, since apparently none of us wear the right size. But it is what it is. I would love a tummy tuck -- whole body lift, really -- but plastic surgery is way too pricey, so I just am learning to live with my deflated areas. ;) You never know, since you have not carried the extra weight for years your skin may snap back way better than mine!

    I am glad that you get to lead music class. We have so much fun in ours -- you could consider getting certified to do Kindermusik maybe? Something like that? I know our teacher loves it because it is so flexible and she sets her own hours so she can be there when her kids need her. She also teaches piano out of her home.

    I am so glad that the people at the SSDI office are working well with you. Some people who really need it have a tough time getting on it -- I should tell you sometime about my former co-worker whose husband was disabled due a brain injury. They had to get a lawyer to get his SSDI...

    Anyway. I don't love football either -- I could care less -- but Emilie does have a little Georgia outfit. I love Evalyn's bulldog costume!

    ReplyDelete