WELCOME

Hello,
Welcome to my Blog! Yes, I have been in the fight of my life against Leukemia, insomnia, depression, side effects of medications, molting skin, pooping my pants and this list goes on.... however, I still love my life, and that's what this blog is about Real Life. I hope to meet others who trails have brought them closer to the Lord and molded them for the next step in God's will. In January 2011 , my family, physician, and Be the Match was featured on a Fox 5 news story about bone marrow donors and transplants. In March, I was interviewed on Atlanta and Company along with Be the Match. I was chosen to sing the national anthem at the Be the Match Run last year and will also be doing it this year, along with some other songs. My team, no thanks to me, raised over $4,000 and raised more than any other team! Please join my team this year or consider donating here at the Run those Stem cells out ! Team I was also chosen for a patient advocacy panel for the international council meeting at Be the Match in MN in November. How exciting!! I ended up not being able to attend due to the relapse. I had hoped I could help raise awareness about how easy it is to sign up to be a donor and how many people need your help! Please go to bethematch.org and sign up! I was able to have my bone marrow (same as stem cell) transplant at the end of March thanks to a 22 year old donor oversees that I hope to meet her one day. As I came up on my 6th month mark and continued to add more normal activities to our lives, I relapsed, meaning that the that the cancer had mutated and the leukemia came back. I spent 2 more weeks at Emory and some other nights here and there and now I'm on a drug from the FDA. I have a compassion waiver so I am able to get it. I have to take it day by day sometimes hour by hour. Time keeps moving and my little girl is growing up. I'm lucky that I'm getting to see it. I continue to praise God for his wonderful blessings he has shown us including my wonderful husband Jonathan, baby girl Evalyn Rose, supportive family and friend, great medical care, new readers, and the chance to make a big difference, even if that means being a Lab Rat.
God Bless You!

Please read, comment, enjoy, learn, grow, LOVE LIFE.

Most Recently I have started a booth at a local consignment store with handmade jewelry from friends, crafts, and my own art from recycled materials. It is called DAY by DAY. God was very clear with me starting this. Please look over to the right of blog and click on Day by Day to see some pictures. I'm just getting started but I am taking orders from people that I know. You will be able to personalize items, etc. I just haven't decided how I will be selling them via internet yet. But for now, the jewelry is at A Weekend A'fair in Athens, GA and will hopefully be at some stores downtown soon.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lunch with the Mayor, On the Panel, on to the White House

             

I have a bear on my back, what is your excuse? 

Hey You! Have you signed up to be a donor?? It saved my mommy! 

                  Just Kidding.... about the White House. I don't like politics and it's too cold in D.C. Now Jonathan.... maybe he could run for office one day, there's nothing to dig up on him. Clean as a whistle. This week as most has been interesting to say the least. Somehow between Dr. appointments and my classes, I have managed to leave the house every day. It's been a productive week full of medical paper work, playing and teaching Evalyn, planning drives, scheduling baby sitters, practicing children's songs and the national anthem, watching Andy Griffith during bouts of insomnia, cooking, cleaning, and paying more out in co-pays then I'd like. Oh, not sure if I put this on the blog, but I was chosen to part of a Patient Advocacy Panel for the Annual Council meeting for Be the Match in MN in Nov. They are flying us up there, hotel, and a lot of the food is provided! I will be able to not only share my story but also meet people from around the world who share this passion. I'm so excited!!! And there is an 80's party one night!!! I went to the thrift store yesterday and bought Jonathan the most hideous jacket and MC Hammer pants..... and a Cosby sweater. We are working on his dancing skills, he is getting pretty good!
             After Yoga today, someone mentioned that the Cancer center was having their open house and they had snacks. Being hungry of course, and wanting to talk to someone there about their programs, I decided to stop by. I sat in an empty seat at a table and introduced myself and realized that I was now having lunch with the Mayor of Athens, Nancy Denson. Come to find out, she knows a lot of my neighbors out here at the farm and even my grandfather. She was in an accident in May and almost lost her leg and now has to do 2 hours of   PT at home every day. Holy Cow! She is a strong and determined lady. I need to get off my butt and do my joint yoga more than once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment